CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
• Integrity – Honest in our beliefs, in our actions, in our promises
• Agility – We are nimble, quick and exact on delivering our commitments
• Transparency –we strive to be transparent in the things that we do and the decisions we make
• Excellence – We aim to be the best we can be
• Collaboration – We are a team that embraces collaboration with colleagues and customers.
Reporting to the FTTP Construction Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP network deployment project within a City. The Construction Supervisor will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
• Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
• Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
• Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Activations Manager.
• Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Sub Contractor to the Activations Manager.
• Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Activations Manager.
• Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
• Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
• Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of CityFibre to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
• Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
• Public liaison duties required.
• Deputising for the Activations Manager at Customer & Supplier meetings.
• FTTP Delivery team
• Field Services team
• Service Operations team
• Network Planning
• Sale / Marketing teams
• Streetworks Manager
• Contract Management
• Local Authority/Highways Agency
• Contractors/ Suppliers
Knowledge & Experience
• Utilities Supervisory Experience
• NRSWA / Highways Experience
• Intermediate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
• OSP Telecoms network installation
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
• Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract
• Proven ability to identify and action "add on" sale opportunities
• Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce
• BTEC in Construction or Equivalent or 5 years + OSP Fibre network experience.
• NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
• Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 foundation
• Civil Engineering qualifications
• CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card
• Ability to travel around the area
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Creative and strategic thinking
• Effective organisational skills
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Resourceful and confident
• Delivery orientated
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure this job description provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of this role, all employees may be required to undertake other reasonable tasks as requested
from time to time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.