Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 Depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
A great opportunity has arisen for a Construction Supervisor to join CityFibre. This engaging role is ideal for a person who is driven by success and thrives in an engaging and rewarding environment.
Reporting to the FTTP Construction Manager, this role will be responsible for monitoring the onsite delivery of the civil infrastructure for a FTTP network deployment project within a City. The Construction Supervisor will ensure that site operations are carried out on time, to specification within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
• Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
• Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Activations Manager.
• Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works by the Sub Contractor to the Activations Manager.
• Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the Activations Manager.
• Ensure all post installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
• Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
• Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of CityFibre to coordinate works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
• Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
• Public liaison duties required.
• Deputising for the Activations Manager at Customer & Supplier meetings.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Noticing & Permitting experience
• Chapter 8 & HAUC Spec knowledge
• NRSWA Supervisor (units S2,3,4,5,6,7)
• Min 3 years supervisory experience
• Min 5 years civils experience
• Experience with Measures & Defects
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Health & Safety trained (one or more of the following IOSH/SMSTS/SSSTS/TWC/CSCS Card)
• Knowledge and experience of FTTH architecture
• BTOR Accreditations (OH)
• Project Management experience
• Fibre Network knowledge & experience/PON
• Experience of OH & UG network build
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.