Salary: £31,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
The City Planner is responsible to the City Manager for the design of all networks required to enable a city infrastructure to be built. To create fundamental city-wide designs through the use of software and tools and to consistently improve the software and tools.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• To design and oversee design of agreed fibre architectures to satisfy city design (FTTP)
• To forecast CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
• Management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
• Manage and advise on capacity within the FTTP city
• To liaise with outsourcing companies for detailed design
• To help develop, implement and champion CityFibre network topologies
• To be rigorous with respect to data quality within CityFibres asset and customer management systems
• To drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
City Construction Manager, Head of Delivery (regional), Regional Design Managers, Head of Planning, Central Design Team, Architecture and Engineering Team, Systems Team, Field Services Teams
Software providers, Local authorities, External planning resource, Outsourced companies for detailed design
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
• Detailed understanding of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
• Full understanding of UK local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
• Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
• Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
• FTTP methodologies and design
• Working understanding of long-distance fibre networks
• GCSE level qualification including Mathematics and English
• Full Clean Driving Licence
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Working knowledge of Comsof FiberPlanIT
• Working knowledge of GE Smallworld
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.