Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 Depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
To support the commercial and contractual management of a portfolio of telecoms projects, these include; new build, city enhancement projects and field service frameworks. The role will ensure that the project and field service teams are fully protected under the contract terms and comply with the relevant statutory requirements e.g. Construction Act.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or region/workstream) to manage planned expenditure through the placement and control of contracts.
• Value work executed by contractors and certify interim and final payments.
Support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the companies' policies for risk management
• Provide commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuation certification, drafting & issuing correspondence, claims, produce and report budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data.
• Coach/Develop and mentor junior members of staff and act as an example to others.
• Assist in the monthly measurement of supplier KPI’s and reporting.
• To provide robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at both project and regional levels and their progress in relation to the programme schedule.
• Providing commercial information from projects to enable estimation at programme level to occur.
• Undertaking estimation of future work for pre-sales.
• Acting as the contractual and commercial guardian within the business.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Previous experience of commercial management and procurement of contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
• Ability to use spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
• Working knowledge of ICC and NEC3 ECC forms of Contract
• Negotiation with suppliers and partners
• Presentation skills and report writing
• Experience in the civil engineering industry/passive network e.g. street-works
• Excellent communication, numerical and computer literacy skills
• HNC/HND level education or equivalent
• An analytical and numerical mind, able to identify and resolve problems.
• Able to prioritise workload
• Good decision maker and negotiator, even when under pressure
• Good at absorbing information
• Ability to hit deadlines
• Tenacious at achieving desired results
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Experience in the telecoms or utilities sector
• Experience of NRSWA and SRWR street-works requirements
• Experience in Active network infrastructure
• RICS Chartership (MRICS)
• Degree level education in commercial/contract or project management or equivalent
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.