City Manager, Vanguard
Salary: £70,000 per annum
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
To be the senior Commercial champion who leads the initial town & city engagement across our target Fibre to the Home (“FTTH”) Gigabit Cities.
Initial key deliverables through this stakeholder engagement will be to build and manage a phased pipeline of fully qualified cities for formal Board sign-off where the following has been achieved:
• Secured Council Executive Officer engagement and buy in to the proposed CityFibre FTTH/P investment & vision
• Secured access to and support for the CityFibre PoP site(s) identification, acquisition/lease and planning approvals
• Identified and secure access to any existing duct / fibre infrastructure that would benefit the CityFibre network design & build, e.g. Council owned CCTV or UTMC (Urban Traffic Management Control), etc.
• Gathered town / city wide knowledge (regeneration, development areas, new housing developments, wider city key stakeholders, etc.)
• Identify, engage and contracted Tier 1 Social Housing Landlords (predominantly Local Authorities) to secure asset data, wayleaves and agree process flows
Not all Cities put forward for Selection will be progressed immediately (given other operational and commercial considerations) and so the ability to expectation manage stakeholders while creating and maintaining high levels of engagement is key.
Would suit a an opportunity focused individual who enjoys opening doors and engaging at a very senior level with local authorities; is adept at networking, is savvy in the local government arena, has a passion for technology, has strong knowledge and network, who can develop strong internal and external relationships, is able to prioritise effectively, has an intuitive sense for what is important can see the bigger picture.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Lead the execution of Commercial & Community engagement locally prior to the build phase in a selection of shortlisted cities in a geographic area
• Be the early engagement local market expert: local demographics, competitor intelligence (BTOR FTTC/VirginMedia presence), key business parks, housing developments, local partners, key local events & relevant B2B organisations
• Drive suitable PoP land / property identification acquisition or lease & support planning process to approval
• Identify and secure access to any existing duct / fibre infrastructure that would benefit the CityFibre network design & build, e.g. Council owned CCTV or UTMC (Urban Traffic Management Control), etc.
• Identify social housing landlords and initiate wayleave discussions, signature, asset data for input into city planning and agree process flows for route approvals
• Develop strong local relationships to identify & progress local commercial opportunities for CityFibre in key vertical sectors including with local council, housing associations and property developers
• Represent and speak for CityFibre at local networking and community events
• Collaborate with CityFibre vertical sales teams align specific city engagement with their led opportunities
• Capture and document gathered town/city knowledge and effect suitable transfer & introduction of this knowledge and key stakeholder contacts to the incoming City Manager at the appropriate time
Measures of Success
• Reputation and awareness locally of CityFibre is very positive
• Securing required PoP sites
• Identify & secure both asset data and wayleave agreements from Tier 1 Social Housing Landlords
• Identification & secure of suitable commercial access to existing, council owned duct & fibre networks
• Feedback from Internal & External stakeholders is very high – qualitative and/or quantitative
• All Stakeholders fully supportive of CityFibre coming to their city or town
City Operational build lead and project teams, PoP acquisition team, National Consumer FTTH team, National Sales Vertical teams, Product team, City Marketing team & Entanet Account team.
Local Council & Politicians, other stakeholder organisations including Housing Associations & Housing Developers, Build contractor(s), local B2B Sales Partners, Chamber of Commerce, Other local Associations.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experienced in B2B sales and/or account management
• Working knowledge & experience of Local Govt
• Proven stakeholder management experience
• Positive references
• Hands on attitude
• Dynamic, flexible & able to work on own initiative
• Gravitas, able to build long term professional relationships internally & externally
• Self-starter and able to work under pressure and unsociable hours on occasion
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Telecoms market awareness helpful
• Experience in similar local market driven businesses (cable, other utilities etc)
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.