Pre-Contract Manager (Construction)
Location: UK but be able to travel to Milton Keynes or London twice per week
Salary: £60-65,000 + car allowance + Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
Working as part of a dedicated team, this role involves preparing tender documentation, managing the tender process and negotiating fit for purpose construction contracts to deliver a Full Fibre Build capex programme and other CityFibre works programmes. Providing in-house expertise in contract administration, contract management and dispute resolution of the NEC3 contracts and other forms of contract.
Reporting to the Head of Pre-Contract, this is a senior position for someone who is skilled and experienced in the preparation, negotiation and administration of construction contracts including the NEC3 suite of contracts and other forms of contract and wants to work in a fast moving environment.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experienced in preparing, tendering, negotiating and award of construction contracts based on the NEC3 suite of contracts and other forms of contract.
• Negotiating strategic contracts for large capital projects.
• Experience of administering at a senior level construction contracts and giving advice and guidance to the project management/operational team on contractual issues.
• Delivering win-win and sustainable outcomes for the client and contractor.
• Strong negotiation with suppliers and partners
• Strong presentation skills and report writing
• Degree level education in commercial or contract related discipline.
• RICS Chartership (MRICS) or membership of an equivalent/relevant professional body (desirable)
• Excellent communication, numerical and computer literacy skills including commercial software.
• Proactive and a self-starter
• Analytical and numerical.
• Ability to hit deadlines
• Customer focused and responsive to the businesses’ needs
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Experience in telecoms (FTTP/FTTH) network infrastructure.
• Quantity Surveying qualifications or equivalent experience.
• Experience in the telecoms or utilities sector
• Experience of electronic contract administration packages
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.