Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 depending on experience + discretionary bonus scheme
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required - UK only
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Day off for your birthday (on us!), Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Responsibility and many more
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. CityFibre is embarking on the deployment of Fibre to the Home (FTTH) across twelve cities to 1 million homes by 2021. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
CityFibre is looking for an experienced hands-on Systems Architect who will be responsible for ensuring that architectural solutions for Cityfibre’s OSS/BSS systems meet business requirements and are achievable within resource and infrastructure constraints. Reporting directly to the Head of Systems and Development, the Systems Architect will have both an in-depth knowledge of networking topologies and systems architecture.
This role will include some hands-on development of CityFibre’s BSS and OSS systems and act as a subject matter expert to provide assistance to development teams. The Architect will work closely with teams across the business, collecting detailed requirements and taking those requirements through the full development lifecycle, delivering complete working systems.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Working within a small team, the Systems Architect will ensure that OSS / BSS architectural solutions / systems meet the company’s system requirements for robustness, reliability and cost-effectiveness: that architectural solutions are viable, pragmatic and are aligned to an architectural / business strategy
• Technical Lead in all our software design & implementations, with experience of cloud and on-premise system architecture
• OSS / BSS integration, responsible for the interaction / automation between all of CityFibre and partner systems
• Responsible for making sure any 3rd party solutions / development commissioned are fit for purpose, and adhere to company standards
• Technical understanding of today’s environment as well as keeping abreast of future emerging technologies
• Working with the BA team in gathering other Departments requirements, including Sales, Network Operations, Finance, and strategic 3rd Party Suppliers with regards to business needs, and recommending Architecturally viable solutions
• Collaborating with all of CityFibre’s Departments to find alternatives and solutions to business challenge
• Seeking out systems solutions (either internal to client or external 3rd party solutions) that can be leveraged to meet the business requirements of improved ways of working
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members
• Able to build credible relationships both in the immediate technology skilled teams and across multiple non-Technical Business groups
• Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases especially in areas of AWS, O365, Google and tools such as Jira and ITMS.
• Hands-on experience, and willingness to get one’s hand dirty when supporting / mentoring their team
• Excellent design and architecture experience with AWS
• 5+ years’ experience as a system/network administrator advantageous. Systems administration experience must demonstrate responsibility for the operation of Unix Server & AWS Cloud Solutions
• Hands on experience with networking hardware protocols standards technologies such as TCP/IP firewalls switches routers, Sofos etc. is required
• Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
• 7+ years within the Internet / Telecoms / fibre industry; 3-5 years design authority experience a must
• 4+ years demonstrable hands-on experience of either bespoke development or package implementation involving design, development / configuration, environment management and implementation over a selection of: Billing (Like XPAY, Xero), CRM (Salesforce), Workflow / ESB (OpenESB, Cloudhub), Asset Management, RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle) and ticketing platforms
• Expert in Salesforce development, configuration and best practices
• Experienced in cloud and on-premise system architecture, both implementation and management
• Experience of deploying open source software solutions in place of commercial solutions, including low level debugging of such solutions
• In depth experience of networking topologies, especially access and aggregation networks, including automation of provisioning using technologies such as Netconf or SSH. (Full understanding of OSI model)
• Experience in working in AGILE development environment
• Experience in Asset Management / GIS systems such as GE Small world, SpacialNet, or in house advantageous
• High technical competency in OSS infrastructure architecture, both in Linux & Windows architecture, especially within the cloud
• High technical competency for data modelling
• Experience of reverse engineering undocumented legacy systems and software, including data models
• Good commercial awareness, with the ability to select the best-fit product for a given purpose
• Experience of Risk & Impact Assessment
• Minimum associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in computer science or a related field
• Five years’ experience of software development (Agile or Waterfall)
• Five years’ experience in Telco, ISP or large network provider
• Three to five years of experience in computer system administration (or equivalent)
• Experience in project, product, or team management
• Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
• A solid understanding of Windows & Unix operating systems
• A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts
• Proven management skills, including, strong writing, meeting, and organizational skills
The following skills would be useful, but are not essential:
• Good knowledge of Cloud Based Systems such as Salesforce, Xero, Coupa, confluence etc.
• Knowledge of GIS, Network Asset Systems used in Fibre Networks
• Agile methodology
• ISO 27000
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.