Role: Field Service Manager
Salary: 43,000 - 55,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
This role will be responsible for the overall delivery for deploying physical fibre connectivity to the public and private sectors, mobile operators and communication providers across a regional area. Key focus will be providing accurate delivery forecasting for the connections to ensure that the Business and Customer expectations are being achieved.
Lead in setting the priorities for the region in conjunction with the Design lead and Service teams taking into account all activities required for a successful operation and ensuring that KPI’s such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved.
Knowledge & Experience
• Exceptional Project Management experience gained within a telecoms or utiities environment
• Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to multi-millions
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project
• Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks
• Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments
• Commercial Awareness - understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act (NRSWA)
• Experience of recognised project management methodology
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Proven ability to identify and action "add on" sale opportunities
• Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce
• Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
• Civil Engineering qualifications
• Fibre Optic qualifications
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Creative and strategic thinking
• Effective organisational skills
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Resourceful and confident
• Delivery orientated
• Integrity – Honest in our beliefs, in our actions, in our promises
• Agility – We are nimble, quick and exact on delivering our commitments
• Transparency – At every level, we strive to be transparent in the things that we do and the decisions we make
• Excellence – We aim to be the best we can be
• Collaboration – We are a team that embraces collaboration with colleagues and customers.