Account Director - Strategic Accounts
Benefits Include: 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
Location: South - requirement to be on site in Newbury 2-3 days each week
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
The Account Director will be responsible for leading the commercial management of some of CityFibre’s largest strategic customers. At this time the role is focused on the leadership of the Vodafone account and the remainder of this Job Description is drafted in the context of Vodafone for illustration, but this may change with business requirements over time.
To drive sustained growth across all target business segments within the account (e.g. consumer, enterprise, wholesale and internal, for example mobile back haul), while delighting the customer through the internal co-ordination of a differentiated service and partnership experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive experience in account leadership roles, focused on large, complex and distributed customers.
• Sales leadership skills, with a track record for co-ordinating and motivating a commercial team to execute tenaciously, against an agreed plan.
• A broad commercial skillset across strategic analysis, business planning, project analysis, relationship development, commercial finance, transaction negotiation and customer service.
• Excellent and relevant market knowledge, with experience of developing strategic relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competency in PowerPoint and Excel applications, with the ability to leverage them as required for the role.
• Positive references /
• A consumer ISP background or understanding.
• Experience in dealing with large UK telecommunications operators, specifically consumer ISPs and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs).
• A strong contact base or reputation within Vodafone.
• High levels of intellect – an analytical, lateral and quick thinker, with good intuition and judgement.
• A highly professional approach, driving engagements with real tenacity and integrity.
• Likeable, collaborative and with an open disposition.
• A highly strategic mindset, with an ability to identify new opportunities, commercial approaches or operational changes that provide strategic advantage.
• Ability to present with gravitas and confidence to large groups.
• Calm and organised under pressure.
• Detail focused with a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset.
• Integrity – Honest in our beliefs, in our actions, in our promises
• Agility – We are nimble, quick and exact on delivering our commitments
• Transparency –we strive to be transparent in the things that we do and the decisions we make
• Excellence – We aim to be the best we can be
• Collaboration – We are a team that embraces collaboration with colleagues and customers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.