Salary: Starting from £32,000, Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
The City Planner is responsible to the Delivery Manager for the design of all networks required to enable a city infrastructure to be built. To create fundamental city-wide designs through the use of software and tools and to consistently improve the software and tools.
Accountable for the planning and delivery of the active service portfolio, including system & network administration, project management. This role will cover many of the following areas:
• Design & Deliver –Build frameworks to identify required network expansion and changes through analytics, automation and direct required adds, moves, changes, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Operate Monitor – Develop solutions to maximize network performance by monitoring performance, targeting upgrades and collaborating with Network Architects & Engineers on network optimisation.
• Operate Management – Working with Engineers manage the underlying resources of the active network, e.g IP addressing, backhaul capacity, access network scaling.
Vital to the success of our City Teams, is our commitment to meet and exceed customer commitments, both at an individual and team level. Fundamental to this is ensuring we hit these key metrics:
1. Health and Safety - compliance with health and safety procedures and policies across the board and ensure our contractors remain compliant.
2. Gated homes – How many homes we have issued and have an agreed & trackable plan for with our contractor to build per city; we’re focused on making the Gated homes number increase each week, each month, each quarter and every year.
3. RFS (ready for service) homes released to our partners. By driving productivity and quality within our teams and suppliers, we’re focused on making these accelerate each week, each month, each quarter and for the year.
4. Other major projects – ensuring these land on time, with the required quality and to budget.
Combined, these are the critical success factors for our City Teams, which deliver our commercial success and our customer commitments.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Design and oversee design of agreed fibre architectures to satisfy city design (FTTH)
• Forecast CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
• Management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
• Manage and advise on capacity within the FTTH city
• Liaise with outsourcing companies for detailed design
• Help develop, implement and champion CityFibre network topologies
• Apply rigor to data quality within CityFibre's asset and customer management systems
• Drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
• Model and monitor new active city networks.
• Identify and augment existing network as required.
• Deliver short, medium and long-term forecasts for all network components.
• Incrementally improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence utilising automation, AI etc to drive a lean operating model.
• Work with Vendor relationships in regards securing a repeatable supply chain.
• Particpates in the CityFibre/Council/contractor walk out with the Construction Manager
• Ensures and oversees the design acceptance by the City Team
• Ensures Stage 1 As builts received, checked and stored
• Ensures Stage 2 As builts received, validated and stored
• Coordinates any updates changes to as design
• Ensures notification of patching to be completed to engineering
• Coordination of As builts added to GIS
• Coordinates release sheets and LOC codes checked
• Coordinates release sheets and LOC codes added to GIS
• Coordinates Monthly valuation of works
• Coordinates EWN Risk Register
• Delivery Manager
• Head of Network Delivery (regional)
• Design Manager
• Central Design Team
• Architecture and Engineering Team
• Systems & Development Team
• Field Services Team
• Software providers
• Local authorities
• External planning resource
• Outsourced companies for detailed design
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
• Detailed understanding of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
• Full understanding of UK local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
• Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
• Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
• FTTP methodologies and design
• Working understanding of long-distance fibre networks
• GCSE level qualification including Mathematics and English
• Full Clean Driving Licence
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Working knowledge of Comsof FiberPlanIT
• Working knowledge of GE Smallworld
• NRSWA accreditation to supervisor level
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.