Salary: Starting from £31,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday (on us!), Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Responsibility and many more
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. CityFibre is embarking on the deployment of Fibre to the Home (FTTH) across twelve cities to one million homes by 2021. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
The City Planner is responsible to the Construction Manager for the design of all networks required to enable a city infrastructure to be built and for creating city-wide designs through the use of software and tools.
Planning & Delivery - Accountable for the planning and delivery of the active service portfolio, including system & network administration, project management.
Design & Delivery - Build frameworks to identify required network expansion and changes through analytics, automation and direct required adds, moves, changes, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
Operate Monitoring - Develop solutions to maximize network performance by monitoring performance, targeting upgrades and collaborating with Network Architects & Engineers on network optimisation.
Operate Management - Working with Engineers manage the underlying resources of the active network, e.g. IP addressing, backhaul capacity, access network scaling.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Designing and overseeing the design of agreed fibre architectures to satisfy city design (FTTH)
• Forecasting CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
• Responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
• Managing and advising on capacity within the FTTH city
• Helping to develop, implement and champion CityFibre network topologies
• Appling rigor to data quality within CityFibre's asset and customer management systems
• Driving consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
• Modelling and monitoring new active city networks
• Identifying and augmenting existing network as required
• Delivering short, medium and long-term forecasts for all network components
• Incrementally improving network capacity monitoring and operational excellence utilising automation and AI to drive a lean operating model
• Working with Vendor relationships in regard to securing a repeatable supply chain
• Ensuring and overseeing the design acceptance by the City Team
• Ensuring Stage 1 & 2 As builts are received, checked and stored
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
• Detailed understanding of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
• Full understanding of UK local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
• Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
• Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
• FTTP methodologies and design
• Working understanding of long-distance fibre networks
• Working knowledge of Comsof FiberPlanIT and GE Smallworld
• Full clean driving license
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.