Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Starting from £35,000 depending on experience + discretionary bonus scheme
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday (on us!), Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. CityFibre is embarking on the deployment of Fibre to the Home (FTTH) across twelve cities to 1 million homes by 2021. Full speed ahead!
A company of ambition is nothing without the right team to deliver it and we are looking for people to join us. We are committed to delivering a better digital future for our customers, their customers and for the towns and cities in which they live. We are nimble, quick and creative in our approach while holding firm in our beliefs. To be part of the CityFibre team means to go the extra mile in support of your colleagues and to enjoy making a real difference. Get in touch, find out more and join us on our journey.
We are looking for an experienced Developer to assist with continued design, development, maintenance and customisation of our FTTH Order Management and Diagnostics systems. Streamlining our FTTH operational processes. Working using agile methodology the right candidate will be involved in our entire software stack from customer facing API services, backend workflow systems, network provisioning to process automation.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Streamlining CityFibre’s FTTH operational processes
• Reviewing and analysing new software requirements and existing software shortcomings
• Responsible for creative design of solutions to identified problems and new requirements
• Working closely with the team to tailor solutions before their implementation
• Meticulous documentation of software solutions to increase the transparency and clarity within the team
• Thorough implementation of tests alongside software to limit amount of future code breakage
• Deploying and delivering software solutions
• Carrying out maintenance and bug fixing of current and newly developed software
• Automatization of processes and systems that are not yet properly implemented
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in software development under GNU / Linux systems
• Experience with database systems such as MySQL and Oracle, including database API’s such as SQLAlchemy, PDO etc.
• Experience in creating or at least integrating with RESTful or SOAP APIs
• Solid understanding of mark-up languages such as HTML, XML and JSON
• Well acquainted with the concept and practical implementation of unit testing
• Organisational skills and the ability to work both alone and in teams
• Source version control using Git
• Awareness of application security issues and secure coding practices
• Excellent communication and written skills, with the ability to be able to interpret non-technical requirements and provide solutions
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Development, service delivery or support background
• Able to work from home with minimal supervision
The following skills would be useful, but are not essential:
• Exposure to Salesforce CRM system and its underlying Apex language
• Exposure to other programming languages: C/C++, Java, Ruby, Bash
• Exposure to frameworks such as Symfony, Django, Flask, Zato, Ruby on Rails
• Collecting and reporting on application metrics
• Cloud application deployment e.g. Amazon EC2
• Experience in the Telecommunications industry, especially any experience in Active Line Access,
• Lead to Cash processes or Openreach Integration
• Understanding of TCP/IP at an application level as well as at a socket level on the client and server side would also be advantageous
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.