Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
The City Designer integral to the design and execution of building an FTTP city and beyond, by owning and driving ‘End to End’ Well-Planned city Design through the lifecycle of the city.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• To design optionality for all potential fibre sectors (see diagram )
• To own design evolution of a city, during roll out and post build developments
• To utilise all available assets (including DPA/Aerial/Own build and third-party assets) to
• To ensure appropriate network capacity for initial requirement and future scaling in
the right location at the right time.
• To enable ‘least cost for appropriate strategy for particular areas’, taking in to
account capacity and available build methodology
• To liaise with architecture and engineering to ensure that suitable solutions are found to improve design, buildability and enhance scale and cost improvement.
• To manage the high-level design including responsibility for issue to supply planning partners for detailed planning
• To oversee the City Planners QC interaction with the returned design and then input into FPiT.
• Post returned QC design, to manage Cost Per Premise for entire city design - determine Soft LOC/Hard LOC to meet budgeting requirements.
• To work with Project Delivery Managers and City Project Managers to forecast CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
• Liaise with procurement and contract management to BoQ
• Via liaison with City Planners, ensure that inflight changes to plan are managed effectively, ensuring delivery to appropriate design, including change requests that effect the fundamental design (tactical issues that affect strategic plan)
• To exercise rigour with regards to data quality within our management systems.
• To drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness within city design
• Design Teams
• Pre-Sales Team
• Architecture and Engineering Team
• Systems Team
• City Planners
• Operations Finance
• City Field Services Teams
• Service Management/Service Delivery teams
• Software providers
• Highways authorities
• External planning resource (suppliers)
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
• Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
• Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
• FTTP methodologies and design
• GCSE level qualification including Mathematics and English
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Commitment to career
• Commercial awareness
• Career motivation
• Decision making
If you feel that this role is for you, then please apply now!!!!!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.